Sunday, July 8, 2012

Violet Kantele Universum 3

Some time passed by from latest upgrade, but I decided to continue this topic. In the last episode I didn't contained description of electronic connection between fretboard and guitar body. Therefore I shaped a narrow route for some wires in the guitar body, which lead to connectors made of springs unmounted from cannons triggers mechanisms, which were parts of soldiers ship and pirate island sets builded with Lego bricks. So that's how I neutralized potential war threat, obtained some elements from military stores and used it for peaceful solutions.

But, back to the main topic - at the end of the fretboard I have also mounted springs and thanks to that after puting the guitar together, connections fits well and electronic circuit is closed. After some months of practicing I discover that batteries works for about 100h, which is enough for at least 3 months of playing.
Apart from that I match frets with white nail polish and now matchings works fine during night and day - during day I'm saving some energy. I also watched some new constructions of solar diode lamps and I still don't exclude the option of mounting such cells in the guitar body - it's always something new.

I also found percussion sticks, which I bought about 15 years ago and they're not worn-out yet. Some lacquer just rubbed out with sweat but I upgraded them by winding with violet cotton yarn so now it fits the guitar. Felt overlay would be useful for making the sound softer a bit. It would be more reasonable if I had a percussion set, but I don't need it now, sticks are just an addition to the rest.

It would be good to activate the MIDI keyboard. Times changed a bit and old connection with soundcard with MIDI/joystick connector doesn't work anymore - lack of actual drivers and Yamaha probably will not write drivers for such an old hardware. So its time for USB. I found a place inside the keyboard case to mount such a converter, but I need to find one.

Meantime it's worth to implement night and day mode to the keyboard too. I'm not a good keyboardist, so I painted some fragments of C keys for a better orientation of positioning fingers on the keyboard. I installed 9 diodes for a night mode in different places to have better view for keys, switches, buttons and screen. I would give an exact description of it in the next episode, because it's more complicated and requires some photos.

I don't know how many years it may take for me to create small home-recording studio, but at least I have an idea for it. I would also need an acoustic adaptation inside the room. Some well selected and arranged plush-toys would be useful. Actually I don't have any plush-toy now, but it's not an obstacle for teoretic consideration. Some more of that problem I may consider in further episodes. But now I can say that the colour of a plush-toy makes no difference, so it can be blue.



No comments:

Post a Comment